Garbage Disposal Installation and Repair
Garbage Disposal Maintenance
Anytime you put eggshells, coffee grounds, vegetable peels, or any other food scraps down your garbage disposal, build-up can occur and cause long term damage. It’s important to perform monthly maintenance on your garbage disposal. If regular maintenance is neglected, you could face clogged drains or a complete unit failure that could require a costly replacement. Here are a few tips to help extend the life of your garbage disposal unit:
- Regular usage can help to prevent rust, corrosion and food waste build up.
- Running a few cups of ice through your garbage disposal once a week will help to maintain the sharpness of your blades.
- To reduce the odors that are sometimes associated with daily use, cut lemon or orange slices and run them through your garbage disposal.
- Avoid high fiber foods like onion skins, celery, and corn husks, as they are the most likely to jam your garbage disposal unit.
- Don’t pour oil, grease, or fat down your garbage disposal as this can lead to build up and garbage disposal performance issues.
Garbage Disposal Repair
At A1 Professional Plumbing, we have the skill and expertise to efficiently repair or replace any type of garbage disposal. Our technicians will walk you through the proper maintenance of your garbage disposal unit to prevent future problems. So if you’re faced with a leaking pipe, clogged drain or motor malfunction, call A1 Professional Plumbing today. With decades of experience, our team of expert plumbing technicians will get the job done right the first time, making it easy for you to return to your daily routine.